Canadian Envirotec Inc. is proud to be members in good standings of the following associations:
Over the past few years the general public has become more aware of the health risks associated with household mold. Mold thrives in moist, humid areas and is usually found in buildings with extensive water damage or leaks. It can then become air borne and release many toxins into the air you breathe, causing allergic reactions and a list of other respiratory concerns. We test, identify and assess the molds in a certain location. Once identified Canadian Envirotec Inc develops a site specific, cost effective, remediation program. We not only treat the affected area, we make sure that the problem doesn't reoccur by applying fungus inhibitors and by identifying and treating the conditions, which caused the contamination.
- OUR METHOD FOR MOLD ASSESSMENTS
- Visual Inspection of the building for evidence of moisture intrusion and visible signs of mold growth.
- Moisture Meter to determine if walls, floors and ceilings show signs of active moisture problems.
- Air Quality Testing to determine air patterns and relative humidity in the building which could lead to  mold issues.
- Airborne Laser Particle Counter to determine which areas of the building show the highest dust load (which could be mold spores)
- MVOC meter (Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds) to determine off gassing levels for mold in the indoor  environment.
- Thermal Imaging to locate hidden moisture issues inside wall cavities without any holes, marks or other destructive  techniques.
- Viable Laboratory Testing by way of drawing air (living mold spores) into a petri dish with an agar solution that will grow  active mold spores.
- Non-Viable Mold Sampling by way of drawing air (dead mold spores) into a spore trap which will identify mold spores  that have either died, dried up or have been killed by a biocide.
- Tape lift sampling for source identification.
(Green indicates optional procedure for determining what kind of mold is in the building after mold growth has been found)
- ADVANTAGES OF USING CANADIAN ENVIROTEC INC.
- More precise investigation.
- Able to pin point exact location of active mold growth.
- Able to locate hidden mold problems.
- Less destructive since walls that do not have growth do not require opening. Note: opening of any wall must be done under containment.
- Able to detect viable mold spores as well as non-viable growth. Non-viable mold spores which are dead or have been killed by a biocide retain the mycotoxins. Dead mold spores are just as toxic as live mold spores. It is essential in a mold investigation to determine both viable and non-viable spores.
- We trace source of contaminates
- We conduct external environmental factors
FASTER AND LESS COST TO THE HOMEOWNER OR PROPERTY OWNER.
©2008 Canadian Envirotec Inc.